Using the Six Pillars of Character, lessons can be learned through role play, activities, stories, and more. Outside of the school, the supporting of a child’s social/emotional growth and development is extremely important.
Our professional staff will provide the tools to plan for a safe and healthy learning and play environment which supports children’s social and emotional development using the CHARACTER COUNTS! framework and the Six Pillars of Character.
Character Builder’s Toolbox
Our one-day workshop teaches experiential strategies designed to enrich learning through play. You’ll learn how to be a character builder and how to coach your staff to do the same.
All participants receive a Toolbox Guide filled with hundreds of activities that bring CHARACTER COUNTS!, and the Six Pillars of Character to life in your youth out-of-school/childcare program.
This fun and interactive workshop explores:
- CHARACTER COUNTS! – the most widely used character education tool in Iowa
- Stages of team development
- Connecting activities to 21st Century Skills
- Being a role model of great character
- Ways to reflect for deeper meaning to the play experience
- How to incentivize, reinforce and measure good character
To set up a Character Builder’s Toolbox workshop for your program staff or to host a workshop for your organization/community contact us at 515-271-2910.